Sunday, April 3, 2016

Three Tales by Gustave Flaubert

Book 62, Three Tales, is three long short stories that are all tales of morality.



They all take on Christian themes or depictions of semi-fabulous figures such as John the Baptist. I am not a practising Christian. I don't mind books like The Alchemist which are about fulfilling your potential. All of these stories were about people realising the error of their ways. Quite frankly I found all the stories quite boring and I got nothing from the book at all. I won't be reading Flaubert again, and award Three Tales 2 out of 10!

Finally I move to the A-Z fiction which is the bedrock of any library. Every bookcase will contain authors I am familiar with but I am not allowed to read those as I have already read material by the same writers. First up is an African novel that caused quite a sensation when it was first published.



Things Fall Apart is published on the Penguin Classics label so I am hoping it's just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment