Thursday, February 5, 2015

Another Chapter - The Last Chapter

I am a glutton for punishment because I am now reading two books on Bookcase 7. I never envisaged I would want to read more than one book on the same bookcase, when I have the best part of 150 books to work my way through as it is!

I got bored of Ramage, so started on another book from Bookcase 7 which I had lined up as a replacement. But then I carried on reading Ramage as well as the new book and also Bookcase 8's Kiss the Girls. I now have acquired more of an interest in Ramage which improved after a slow start, but the new book The Last Chapter by Edmund Power I simply have to read having started it because it has the makings of the best book yet!


The Last Chapter may have a very boring looking cover but it's definitely got the most original story as it is about plagiarism, a failed writer who steals his dead neighbour's unpublished book. This is definitely my kind of book, it's original, got some proper characterisation, and there's no a hint of a murderer or rapist in it!

For now though I'll finish Ramage, then work through Kiss The Girls (easy to read but essentially pulp fiction) before I can resume the book I really want to read - The Last Chapter.


No comments:

Post a Comment