Saturday, April 28, 2018

Minecraft!

I moved into the Sport section after science, another subject dear to my heart. Football biographies bore me, they are all the same, and the people are generally unexceptional apart from their ability to kick a ball. However I picked up Minecraft: The Unlikely Tale of Markus 'Notch' Persson and the Game that Changed Everything by Daniel Goldberg. I wasn't expecting anything great from this book but it was one of the best I have read on the Library Challenge. I am a software developer myself and used to write games as a teenager and wanted to be games developer until my early 20s. Sadly I never made it, and long ago abandoned doing so. However I could relate immensely to this book. Persson was just a geeky developer who struck gold, it could in another universe be me. Rating 9/10.




No comments:

Post a Comment