Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Shadowman by Della Galton

Shadowman was my first ever Mills and Boon book. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and it certainly wasn't the worst book I have read, fiction of non-fiction, during my journey around Dorking Library so far.



I was surprised the book wasn't about romance at all really. I was expecting a boy meets girl, swept off her feet and sail off into the sunset sort of book, but it was none of that. It was a book about relationships, where a jealous former lover tries to get in between a husband and wife. Shadowman wasn't the most sophisticated story ever, but was easy enough to read and held my interest. Shadowman gets 4 out of 10.

That concludes Large Print and I now move back into the world of normal typefaces. My next book is from a completely unnamed bookcase in Dorking Library which just seems to contain historical novels, mainly by one author, so I picked one of them.



The Persian Boy is "one of the greatest historical novels ever written" according to Sarah Waters on the front cover. I have enjoyed Sarah Waters's books in the past so if she thinks that there is a chance I might agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment